Re: [LAU] Some fun with MonoSynth

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 08 2010 - 19:13:19 EET

On Mon, Nov 08, 2010 at 11:01:58PM +1100, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-11-07 at 23:41 -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:
> > A short little improv using Calf MonoSynth and Calf Vintage Delay tape echo:
> >
> > http://www.restivo.org/blog/podpress_trac/web/527/0/monosynthfun2-withb3.ogg
> >
> > (also Rhodes via fluidsynth, and a little Beatrix too, but mostly MonoSynth)
> >
> > The performance ain't so great; I'm trying to learn how to cope with chord changes, but, alas, my timing falls to crap when I do that. Onward and upward.
>
> That may be, but the sounds are great! Nice work :)
>
> Can I ask how you control the Calf MonoSynth parameters in real-time?
> Does it respond to MIDI CCs?

Thanks!

Actually, I wrote a custom Python script to translate incoming MIDI into OSC, and send the OSC to the DSSI host running MonoSynth.

http://www.restivo.org/projects/monosynth-midi/monosynthmidi.pys

The support files and libraries used are here:
http://www.restivo.org/projects/nekostring-midi/

-ken