Re: [LAU] Denemo with ALSA MIDI, how?

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 12 2010 - 11:40:42 EET

Am Freitag 12 November 2010, 05:38:05 schrieb Ken Restivo:
> I downloaded and installed the latest Denemo 0.8.2, and I'm very confused as to how to get it to work with ALSA MIDI.
>
> There's a menu command under "Input", that says "MIDI Input". I select it, and it gives an extraordinarily unhelpful error message: "Could not start MIDI input". Okk, great, I look around for a preference or settings menu item somewhere which would allow me to configure MIDI input, but, alas, nothing. Same with MIDI output: I want to send it to my ALSA MIDI synths.
>
> Any ideas? Sorry for being so lazy, but I'm not in the mood to go surfing through the source code at the moment.

In Edit/Change Preferences I see the rightmost tab called Audio/MIDI.

 - Enable "Auto-start midi in"
 - Set up InternalSynth to use jack Audio and alsa_seq MIDI drivers
 - Restart Denemo
 - In Input menu, choose MIDI input
 - Connect MIDI keyboard to fluidsynth ALSA MIDI port
 - Enter notes with my keyboard

It seems that you have to manually connect the audio out ports of Denemo
once, but subsequently it saves and restores connection state at program
quit/start.

Edgar