Re: [LAU] Mumble Jack Support

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Fri Nov 12 2010 - 23:30:20 EET

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I would appreciate if people could add positive comments to a bug in Mumbles
> bug tracker to request Jack support.
>
> This would provide a solid free cross platform VOIP solution for podcasters
> to host shows reliably on while offering a free client on every platform.

I'm not going to add anything because I know nothing about Mumble, but
it's perhaps worth remarking that JACK may well be the simplest and
most stable callback-based audio API I have ever used.

That doesn't mean it's easy to support: its low-latency requirements
can be difficult to meet. But it's certainly easy to _code_ if you
support a callback mechanism already, and it won't bitrot easily.

Chris