Re: [LAU] How to reduce bass in the building

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 16 2010 - 20:21:00 EET

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:10:32 +0100
Philipp <hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> What's the best but still reasonably easy/cheap way to decouple the
> speakers?

There are a number of ways you can do this. The best isolation will
come from something like this:
http://www.auralex.com/sound_isolation_mopad/sound_isolation_mopad.asp

I use those in my studio and they helped a lot with reducing the vibration
coming through the shelves my monitors sit on. They're not really cheap,
though. You might be able to find acceptable substitutes somewhere.