Re: [LAU] xjadeo 0.6.0 release-candidate

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 17 2010 - 12:22:48 EET

On 11/17/10 05:59, Eric Steinberg wrote:
> Can you please talk about the LTC support? How does xjadeo receive
> timecode?

It uses a JACK audio-port and decodes the timecode from the audio
signal. Decoding is done with http://ltcsmpte.sourceforge.net/

usage walkthrough:

 - get a test LTC signal: http://rg42.org/_media/wiki/ltctst01.wav
 - launch JACK
 - start `xjadeo -K -l somevideo.avi` (use a video >=6 min duration)
   or use qjadeo and choose 'LTC' from the 'sync' menu.
 - play ltctst01.wav using a JACK audio player and connect
   it to the xjadeo-ltc input. e.g.
   `mplayer -ao jack:port=xjadeo-ltc ltctst01.wav`
-> with this test file the video plays from 00:05:21:22 to 00:05:41:15

If you have a hardware device that can generate LTC (camera or LTC
timecode generator): connect it to the audio interface.

Testing this would be very much appreciated. Suggestions are welcome, too.

ciao,
robin