[LAU] QTractor open MIDI files in texteditor?

From: Jeff Sandys <jpsandys@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 17 2010 - 22:13:51 EET

MIDIOX has two functions MF2T and T2MF that will convert a midi file to text
and
back. These are windows/dos command line programs that should work with
wine.

I used it to edit cakewalk generated midi files with windows notepad when I
was
first learning midi (before I switched to linux). The text files are easy
to read and
edit if you understand the midi spec.
     http://www.midiox.com/

I started converting emacs asm86mode into a midi file mode with little
success,
but I still think it would be a good project.

-- Jeff Sandys

Christoph Kuhr said:

Hi everyone,

i want to textedit a qtractors miditrack clip.

is there any way?
which textformat, if any?
no luck with nano (cryptic), gedit (unknown format)...

perhaps anyone knows another good tool for making MIDI CC tracks?