[LAU] Made with Linux: Groovy House

From: Oliver Jaun <olijaun@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 18 2010 - 14:46:28 EET

Dear all   After using a Mac for my music stuff for many years I finally switched completely to linux some time ago.   This year I participated once more in a German Remix Contest. The track that had to be remixed was from a band called "Efrat Darky". The contest allows to work on the remix for 24 h. So you will notice that I had almost no time to mix it properly...   I used Ardour to record Bass and Guitar. The drums were made with Hydrogen. The piano was recorded with Rosegarden. The piano sound comes from linuxsampler. In the end I "compressed" it a bit with Jamin. The only thing used from the original was the vocal track.   You can listen to my remix on:   http://www.start-ab.com/   The page is horrible... everything is done with flash... but don't blame me... On my machine sometimes the page isn't even displayed correctly. I was lucky to eventually be able to upload the result with linux.   You have to go to Wettbewerb -> Gewinner. Then you have to click on "Goldgewinner". You can find me somewehere in the beginning. My name is Oliver Jaun (user number 3944).   Sorry for the inconvenience ;-) The page gets worse every year...   The style could be described as "Groovy House".   I would like to thank everyone involved in Linux-Audio for the great software that allowed me to create this song!   Oliver