Re: [LAU] Creamware/Scope/SHARC/ALSA

From: Batz <batzman-lau@email-addr-hidden-electric.com>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2010 - 03:26:26 EET

Y-ellow Paul 'n' all.

At 06:59 PM 11/22/2010 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>I met with Creamware more than 10 years ago to discuss this. They were
>very unenthusiastic about a Linux driver even though I was offering to
>do it for free. Unless someone has managed to reverse any aspect of
>these very nice devices, I suspect there is little chance of there
>ever being a linux driver, and I doubt that anyone has. I've been
>wrong before though.

Thanks for that. This is pretty much how I had read it. From what I was
reading, this is in no small part as to why creamware failed. Although
apparently the new crew at Sonic Core are more obliging, -since they're
trying to capture the OSX market- they still haven't paid much more than
lip service to this.

Damn shame that. Some nice DSP power sitting there and pretty much useless.

Thanks once again.

Be absolutely icebox.

  _ __ _
| "_ \ | | batzman-lau@email-addr-hidden-electric.com