Re: [LAU] [Jack-Devel] zombification behaviour...

From: Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2010 - 10:21:43 EET

2010/11/19 torbenh <torbenh@email-addr-hidden>:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:17:29PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
>> These days I always use -Z and -t to make jack cut me some slack.
>
> hmm... using -Z AND -t seems pretty excessive.
> i mean if a client causes a timeout of a whole second, jack should
> really kick it.
>
> do you get zombifications with say -t 1000 ?
> theoretically -Z only makes sense if you dont specify -t.

It was several years ago I settled on these arguments, memory fails me somewhat.
Tt one point my machine needed this to survive certain operations,
probably disk intensive operations, loading / saving large projects.
The RT performance I have today is much better so I'm not entirely
sure if I need both.
Another thing is coping with bad plugins, I just lots and sometimes I
encounter denormal issues. This is on a dual core machine so the gui
is still workable so with the settings I use I mostly have time to
disable the plugin before anything worse happens.

Regards,
Robert