Re: [LAU] Any support for MADI?

From: Florian Faber <faber@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 23 2010 - 18:48:08 EET

On 11/23/10 17:32, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Rick Green <rtg@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> The venue where I work has just been given a new Soundcraft Si3 console
>> (Thank you Harman!).
>> There is an option card available for this console which provides direct
>> outs via MADI56 or MADI64. Does anyone know of a piece of supported
>> hardware that will allow me to record shows on my laptop with Ardour?
>
> http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_hdspe_madiface.php
>
> unless RME have once again tweaked stuff without telling anyone, this
> will work fine. florian faber will be by shortly to comment, i am
> sure.

Yeah, well, use the PCIe version of the MADI interface,

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_hdspe_madi.php

Personally I find the MADIface a bit too fragile and too expensive for
its features.

Rick, all RME MADI cards will work right out of the box on linux. For
what you need, you are fine with the stock kernel drivers.

Flo

--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net