Re: [LAU] hda_codec_analog 96000 sampling rate?

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 00:34:21 EET

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Mark Rages <markrages@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> So lspci reports my soundcard as "nVidia Corporation MCP51 High
> Definition Audio (rev a2)"
>
> Looking around the web, I can see that others have 96 kHz sampling
> available with this card, although with different (realtek) codecs.

the first thing to realize about the "Intel HDA" specification and all
devices that claim to use it is that its not really a specification at
all.

the second to realize about all devices that claim to use it is that
they are subject to completely arbitrary chip swaps, rewirings and
other "internal" changes that may or may not affect the extent to
which they support the non-specification.