Re: [LAU] Csound and Ecasound

From: alex stone <compose59@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 30 2010 - 17:39:51 EET

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 6:20 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> alex stone wrote:
>>
>> Has there been any comment or discussion about adding jackmidi to
>> Csound and Ecasound? Is this an option for further consideration given
>> jackmidi's excellent timestamped structure?
>>
>> Has anyone experimented with this, i.e. hacked a version?
>>

> Hi Alex,
>
> I've cc'd this reply to the Csound devs list, perhaps someone there can tell
> you more.
>
> I agree that jackmidi in Csound would be a Very Nice Thing. :)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Dave, thanks for forwarding this. I'm so new at Csound and Blue that
i'll take some time to stumble around a bit with it first before the
wave of questions start. (Still trying to figure out how to add a
soundfont to a fluid instrument, and add an instrument in a score
track, to a polyobject or a genericscore object. The brain is melting.
:) )

Given the relative and elegant simplicity of jackmidi structure,
perhaps those much wiser than i about these things will have a fit of
enthusiasm, and consider implementing it, so we can all go forward
together. :)

Regards,

Alex.