Re: [LAU] Multimedia production on Debian (was Re: No joy with AVlinux)

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 12:54:37 EET

> @allcoms
>
> You make some very good points, however don't forget this is just the crib
> sheet for producing my preferred setup.

Yep, hence why didn't focus too heavily on your choice of apps

> I've tried Thunar but just don't like it. Also ROX is closest to my Risc Os
> roots :)

Ah! You're ex-RISCOS? All is forgiven/ explained then. I'm not
entirely sure Archimedes and RISCOS machines were available outside
blighty but they were quite cool for school at the time. I know the
Amiga was big all over Europe (well, UK and Germany at least) but i
suspect the Archy flopped outside UK schools due to lack of good
games. ARM went onto become a raging success of course and I think
they turned 20 recently.

> I'd forgotten to include alsactl store - certainly used it!
>
> Didn't know about apt-get build-dep ardour. I'm all for reducing lists of
> install libraries!

That command is the Holy Grail of timesaving for Debuntu-using, Linux
audio addicts seeing as I doubt any other audio app can compete for
number of deps and most people on here will use or want to compile
Ardour at some time. Underhand compliment or what? :)

Dan, please!