Re: [LAU] First KXlinux headaches.

From: Batz <batzman-lau@email-addr-hidden-electric.com>
Date: Fri Dec 03 2010 - 15:25:23 EET

Y-ellow Ailo 'n' all.

http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/

>I was trying to find out whether it uses pulseaudio. From what I've
>understood, Envy24 is no go with pulseaudio, right?

I'm sure I saw an option for Pulseaudio in there somewhere. This could
explain a lot. Doesn't mean I'm sunk with this distro altogether but it
does for now though.

It IS rather slow though. It seems to spend vast amounts of time churning
the hard drive for some reason. But I'm figuring that's got more to do with
KDE.

PureDyne was my next port of call but I'm wondering can it be actually
installed on the HD? This is important under the current circumstances.
Maybe the USB option would work for me in the long term but not on this
test bed and not at the moment.

And don't worry Ron, your Transmission distro is in my sights as well. But
right now, 50bucks AUD is the difference between me eating for the next 3
weeks or learning to become a breathatarian. Air alone does not a cyclist
make. (as it were.) But I can see this is where I will have to head sooner
or later.

Thanks once again all.

Be absolutely icebox.

  _ __ _