Re: [LAU] Scalpel Audio Editor 0.8.0

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 04 2010 - 20:16:26 EET

> Why bother the users with that kind of info? This kind of info is probably
one
> of the top 5 reasons that keeps Windows- and Mac users from trying Linux
apps
> IMHO. :-)

Total hogwash sir!

Keep in mind that the tech know-how of members on this list is certainly
above average and these are the sort of details we thrive upon. He's saved
us having to do more research to find this stuff out, details most of us
here are concerned about and do want to know.

This is also certainly nowhere near the top five reasons for people not
using Linux like:

People not knowing about it (lack of exposure/ marketing)

Most people not knowing how to use it or why they'd want to

Lack of big commercial games

Missing apps (pro-video and CAD being the classic examples here)

Poor documentation for many open source apps

Stupid defaults

I'll leave it at that as thats already 6 but there's many more key reasons
before we get to 'devs telling us tech details about their apps' which is a
big plus for most Linux users.

My rant is done, soapbox stashed - I wish you a good evenin' squire!