Re: [LAU] Scalpel Audio Editor 0.8.0

From: Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 04 2010 - 21:59:29 EET

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 7:42 PM, rosea.grammostola <
rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> But I'd rather would love to see someone jump on the ReZound project... New
> projects are nice, finished projects are nicer ;)

Please appreciate that FLOSS developers spend their own free time on it.
They're bound to do what intrests them the most themselves. If that's
ReZound for somebody, great.
If somebody wants to create a new initiative with new code base, that's
great too.

Also, ReZound is written in C++ using X for its interface, while Scalpel is
written
in Python (and bits of Cython) using PyGTK for its interface. They're quite
different projects.

Hope you appreciate my point of view. Cheers, -Harry