Re: [LAU] First KXlinux headaches.

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 05 2010 - 14:14:43 EET

Excerpts from Bernardo Barros's message of 2010-12-04 18:13:19 +0100:
> These AUR are quite good indeed, but I was talking about something
> like ArchBang or Chakra, but audio-oriented.

I don't quite see much sense in that. LAUBang would be faster, maybe
easier to install but less flexible (less user choice) and constantly
out-of-date.
One thing that would be needed for it to work at all would be binary
packages of the more popular audio programs that are not in the official
repositories.
Archaudio.org tries to do exactly that, but currently hardly anyone
builds those binaries, so the archaudio.org repo is quite out-of-date.
I don't know whether it's lack of people, time, or whether there's no
interest in those binaries. I suspect it's mainly lack of interest. Many
audio packages in AUR are maintained well enough and it's easy to build
from there.
Anyway, it's easy to contribute to archaudio one way or another, and if
someone thinks it's worthwhile to create a ready-made CD there's no-one
stopping him. Arch means DIY.