Re: [LAU] Converting binary digital data in PCM

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 10 2010 - 21:40:07 EET

On Friday 10 December 2010 12:35, ciclo esano wrote:
> we have a set of digital data acquired in the time domain by an
> analytical instrument, stored as 32-bit long integer (little-endian).
> I need to convert that data in an audio format (PCM ob better WAV) which
> can be easily played by any multimedia player.

The command line program sox should be able to handle that, if you use its
command line switches to force it to treat your data as 32-bit samples at a
particular rate. I think Audacity will also import raw waveform data and
prompt you for bits per sample, rate and number of channels, but it's been
a while since I tried.

Rob