Re: [LAU] Hydrogen Jack Transport problem

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 11 2010 - 18:08:11 EET

On 12/11/2010 03:52 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rncbc@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> On 12/11/2010 02:51 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Are the Hydrogen devs aware of Syncing problems, for example Qtractor
> > with Hydrogen? I heard at least two people complaining about it. Imho
> > Hydrogen looses much of it's potential when Jack Tranport is not
> working
> > properly.
> >
> > I just want to report it, I don't use Hydrogen myself a lot these days
> > though, so I am afraid I can't help you more then just reporting it.
> >

> why blame h2 only? fwiw, i may judge that any qtractor version before
> the last one released (< 0.4.7) should be left burning at the stake
> too :)
>

> What?!@$$%???? , even Rui's app not working well with Jack Transport,
> shame on you! :)
>
> Good to know that it _might_ be not Hydrogens fault...

well, h2 and qtractor are two sequencers for their own sake that just
run for the same shared resource which is jack transport state -- what
i've thought to imply was that qtractor >= 0.4.7 might (just might)
behave a lot more friendlier and indulging when in presence of a
competing jack transport master (if that term ever exists)

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden