Re: [LAU] -ck patch

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2010 - 22:05:15 EET

On 14 December 2010 01:38, Fabio <capoeirista@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Em segunda-feira 13 dezembro 2010, ās 13:26:48, Raffaele Morelli escreveu:
>> but do they betray me when I realize I can't
>> recognize an xrun in a mix? How long is an xrun? Can we hear it when it
>> occurs only 3,4,5 times in a mix?
>
> be carefull with that, you might not here it in the recording-situation but perhaps after some processing or on other monitors you hear it. or sometimes with fresher ears they suddenly appear

This is _very_ important. Always, always give your ears a rest. Never
mix for days and conclude that you're done. Give a rest period of at
least 24-48 hours between sessions. Typically a session can be
anywhere from 2 to 8 hours, and on urgent calls sometimes overnight
with 1-2 hour breaks and of course, 6 for some sleep.

You may miss anything from a click to a bad tone or even tune. Been
there, done that.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD