Re: [LAU] jackd in realtime as user: a no-go in spite of modifying limits.conf

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 14 2010 - 15:52:53 EET

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:55 AM, linuxdsp <mike@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I understand the issues raised (I've been involved in this stuff long enough
> to know exactly what a difficult and complex task it really is)

i knew that :)

its just something that comes up every so often, and given the way
that other myths about how things are compared to how they should be,
its important to spread the truth as well as the giggles. the other
example of this tends to be "APIs for audio on Linux are so confusing"
which gets lots of traction online.

now, can we move on to a discussion of whether i should write my new
windows app using DirectSound, WaveOut/MME, XNA, WASAPI, WaveRT or
ASIO? its just so nice that microsoft decided to give us choices, just
like those linux people!

:))