Re: [LAU] How to make Jack remember soundcards, not alsa-slots

From: ailo <ailo.at@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 15 2010 - 23:41:16 EET

On 12/14/2010 06:19 PM, torbenh wrote:
> if you run jackd with a period size of 128... running alsa_out -d hw:1 -p 128
> should give you good results with jack>= 0.118

I tried this, but was never able to get good sound from the alsa_out
device. I put a lot of effort in making sure I used the right flags, but
there would always be a stable periodic jitter.

I tried this on two different systems: Puredyne (I compiled the latest
stable jackdmp from source) and TangoStudio (which comes with jackd
0.118). Both on amd64, if that makes any difference.

As reference, I am getting really good results using multiple devices on
puredata using OSS. No broken sound at around 5 ms.

Is there some way I can debug alsa_in/out?

--
ailo