Re: [LAU] Multiple sound cards

From: ailo <ailo.at@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 16 2010 - 04:40:30 EET

On 12/16/2010 03:05 AM, ailo wrote:

It seems to work really well. I got sound now. Finally!
So, a recap:
I used the original ~/.asoundrc from
http://delta.brainiac.com/deltasync.html, but replaced the "hw:0" with
"hw:M1010LT", and "hw:1" with "hw:M66", so that I don't have to edit the
/etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf.
Also, the only method that works for me starting jack is from the
command line:
jackd -d alsa -C multi_capture -P multi_playback.

I'm also wondering about the spdif sync method. In this .asoundrc,
digital ins and outs are not dealt with. Isn't this needed in order to
sync the cards?
(This does not affect me so much, however, since I am not going to do
studio recording with this setup, at least for the time being).

Anyway, I'm satisfied here.
Again, thanks for all your help!

--
ailo