Re: [LAU] Multiple sound cards

From: ailo <ailo.at@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 16 2010 - 17:53:55 EET

On 12/16/2010 04:39 PM, ailo wrote:
> On 12/16/2010 04:33 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM, ailo<ailo.at@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> How does pulseaudio do it? How does any program remember the default
>>> audio
>>> card?
>>
>> i am not sure that *any* programs can handle this with two identical
>> cards. ALSA doesn't provide any way to identify<this> instance of a
>> Foobar-100 rather than<that> version of a Foobar-100. and ALSA
>> doesn't do it because a lot of hardware doesn't provide it either.
>>
>> its normally just the name of the card.
>
> Well, how about remembering the pci-slot for pci cards and doing
> something based on that?
>
> And doesn't usb class compliant cards have a way to be uniquely
> identified? (I seem to remember something about that)

If at all relevant, I was referring to this:

# modinfo -p snd-ice1724
model:Use the given board model.
enable:Enable ICE1724 soundcard.
id:ID string for ICE1724 soundcard.
index:Index value for ICE1724 soundcard.

# modinfo -p snd-usb-audio
ignore_ctl_error:Ignore errors from USB controller for mixer interfaces.
device_setup:Specific device setup (if needed).
async_unlink:Use async unlink mode.
nrpacks:Max. number of packets per URB.
pid:Product ID for the USB audio device.
vid:Vendor ID for the USB audio device.
enable:Enable USB audio adapter.
id:ID string for the USB audio adapter.
index:Index value for the USB audio adapter.

--
ailo