Re: [LAU] partition table

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 17 2010 - 17:19:01 EET

Excerpts from rosea.grammostola's message of 2010-12-17 16:01:30 +0100:
> Hi,
>

> Do you have a special /home partition? Why or why not?
>
> Will performance be better if you have a special partition for audio?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> \r

I did have one once but after re-install I ran into issues if I
remember correctly. It was a rather long time ago on ubuntu. The issues
may have been related to incompatible syntax of config files or config
files that simply didn't apply to the system anymore (think changed
paths etc.). I don't think it's necessary to keep /home on a separate
partition, but it's a dir that should be backed up.