Re: [LAU] Ardour3

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 05:44:29 EET

On 21 December 2010 10:55, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> there were 16 commits to svn within the last 20 hours. some of these
> were deep changes to the way things work (though hopefully not
> resulting in any visible breakage, we don't know, which is why its not
> released yet). do you really think that arch linux users who are using
> a pkgbuild to try this out have any grasp of what is going on?
>
> maybe the answer, your answer, is "yes". i'm quite a bit more skeptical.

I'd be as skeptical as you, if that's the question. There are bound to
be those who just want to "try" ardour3. And within that category,
there are those that want to "try to help" ardour3. Sure, the fact
that there is something like a buildscript out in the open definitely
makes it easier to do either, but I'm pretty sure that kind of people
are the minority and should be the least of your concerns. Really
following ardour3 closely (or any other software development for that
matter) with a buildscript/package is a bit cumbersome IMHO, but many
testers don't really follow code, and to them, a buildscript helps
keep everything in check, tip-top.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD