Re: [LAU] Ardour3

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 06:24:25 EET

On 21 December 2010 11:50, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> people who are ready for it to break on them

I can say with confidence this one is the majority (of the buildscript users).

> willing to get involved and help us fix the issue.

These are more like the ones who may or may not use the buildscript.

I believe this one is more of a "try to help" case, and would've been
posted regardless of the buildscript/distribution or warnings on the
upstream site.

Having the PKGBUILD now doesn't change the number of "try" users.
There are bound to be casual Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora users who have
figured out how to get ardour3 via Subversion, simply because they're
excited. There's no solution to this.

Even if the PKGBUILD were to be removed now, it will keep coming back
and we wouldn't be able to prevent that. Better to have it and stick a
mean note on (especially about serious feedback) than deal with fresh
new ones every now and then. That, IMO, is more of a solution, as far
as users of Arch Linux is concerned.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD