Re: [LAU] Ardour3

From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 14:11:44 EET

On 21 December 2010 09:50, Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Maybe adding a message to Ardour 3 splash screen that clearly reminds svn
> users/builders - wheter they know or they don't - they'are using not even an
> alpha release would do the job.

I don't think people would read that any more than any warning on
install. At this time I really think it should be the packager's
responsibility to respect the developer's wishes in regards to their
software. Software that isn't even released yet, but that they
graciously have decided to develop on a publicly accessible repo.
Anyone can benefit from build scripts, but with the situation as it
is, it should be unnecessary to put additional work on Paul because
the wrong people get access to those scripts.

My 0,02kr