Re: [LAU] OT: isolating transformers, redux

From: <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 21 2010 - 22:32:06 EET

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:05:57AM -0800, Ken Restivo wrote:

> I've been looking around for a 1:1 line level transformer to lift the ground when connecting the headphone stereo output jack of a laptop or iPod to a consumer-grade amp that takes a headphone jack input.
>
> All I've been able to find is insanely expensive, like US$200.
>
> http://www.jensen-transformers.com/prices.html#ci2rr

$200 is at the high end, and you probably don't need that one.

There are two names for quality audio transformers, Jensen and Sowter.

For the latter, have a look at <http://www.sowter.co.uk/acatalog/>

I've use Sowter products many times, never had any complaint.

Ciao,

--
FA
There are three of them, and Alleline.