Re: [LAU] Ardour3

From: Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 22 2010 - 11:40:47 EET

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 10:25 +0300, Louigi Verona wrote:
> Maybe I don't understand something, but if you want to develop a product and
> let the public only see the final version, you just don't reveal the code
> until it's done. If the code is revealed.... what can you do?

Open source presumes an amount of respect between software authors and
their users, as well as an openness from software developers that would
never be allowed in more business-orientated companies.

Part of the attraction of Ardour (and Paul) is this aspect of the
software, above and beyond the considerable technical merits.