Re: [LAU] USB ISO Read and write

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 28 2010 - 17:28:06 EET

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Basavaraj Hiremath <hraj50@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> Hi,
> I have implemented/ported USB device driver on the custom platform(ARM
> processor).
> I am trying to read and write audio data through to USB headphone.
> These are my questions?
>
> 1) USB isochronous read is an asynchronous call, how can I read data from
> the mic and send immediatly to speaker(just to make echo),
>
> 2) How much data needs to be read from the mic and send to speaker without
> loosing audio quality?(is it every frames (1msec data) or more buffering can
> be done)
>
> Basically, how can I read from mic and send to speaker continuously without
> loosing data?

this is all basic ALSA programming that has nothing specifically to do with
USB. i suggest you read a few basic ALSA programming tutorials. although i
don't think that mine is particularly good, its easy to find online. a
google search for

    alsa programming tutorial

will provide several useful links.