Re: [LAU] Hydrogen questions

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 28 2010 - 22:14:02 EET

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:31:18 -0600 (CST)
Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Any ideas on how best to go about making Linux audio software replace
> an Akai MPC?

If you'll not use Hydrogen sequencing capabilities, you might want to
look into tapeutape or specimen instead for loading the drum samples.
From the little I've used these it seems to me specimen offers the more
flexibility of all 3, without being bloated

The only other thing you'll use that way is the ease of hydrogen's drum
kits (sample collections) which are shared amongst users... but anyway
they can be exported to .wav and loaded into other samplers

cheers
renato