Re: [LAU] qtractor 0.4.7 - part 2

From: Kim Cascone <kim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 29 2010 - 21:38:31 EET

On 12/29/2010 11:24 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Kim Cascone wrote:
>> OK many thanks to Dave and Rui! :) - missing Jack dev files was the
>> problem
>>
>> it seems that after my upgrade the dev files were not installed
>>
>> so I installed them and was able to compile qtractor with vst - I
>> tested it with discoDSP/highlife sampler and it works
>>
>> one problem though...I am not able to use LV2 plugs
>>
>> how do I set the 'configure' to include the services listed below?
>>

>> Version: 0.4.7
>> Build: Dec 28 2010 11:57:17
>> MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 (libmad) file support disabled.
>> Pitch-shifting support (librubberband) disabled.
>> OSC service support (liblo) disabled.
>> DSSI Plug-in support disabled.
>> LV2 Plug-in support disabled.
>> JACK Session support disabled.
>>

> Hi Kim,
>
> At first look I'd say you're missing the dev packages for those
> features. So you'll need libmad-dev, liblo-dev, and so forth.
ok -- I guess much of my dev files didn't get re-installed on my upgrade
for some reason
will check it out and try again

> You shouldn't have to do anything else if things are in their expected
> locations, the LV2 support is enabled by default in the configure script.

> The script will throw the errors you've received if it doesn't find
> the dev packages.
I didn't see anything in the './configure' stage but I was basically
only looking for vst success then -- will try again and see what's going on

> You may need to compile JACK yourself for session support, but someone
> else will have to verify that. I'm still on Jack1 on my machines.
it's using Jack
I'm still on jackdmp version 1.9.6
because upgrading to 2 would wipe out all my apps - so says Synaptic

thanks again!!
KIM