Re: [LAU] Showcasing a new track on Neil Modular Track

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2010 - 10:47:14 EET

On 30/12/10 20:17, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
> Also to use this track to pimp neil is a bit unfair ;) Since I have not
> yet have the permission to GPL that awesome 303 plug-in that it uses.

.. I should probably mention here, as a sometime/occasional/never
"developer" of neil that we have been allowed to have the source code
for the 303 plugin in question, and that the author has given implied
consent to it being GPL'd once the code has been "cleaned up". So if
anyone here wants to take on that task, it would be great - the sound is
really excellent, and the code could then be reused for LV2, DSSI, VST,
whatever..

Also, on a development note, the audio interface is terrible (uses the
RTAudio API). If anyone is able to look at the code to fix it, it would
be really helpful (I have no clue, and I think Vytautas is more
interested in developing other functionality in Neil at present).

James