Re: [LAU] Problems with Esi Quatafire 610

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 31 2010 - 13:44:56 EET

On 12/31/2010 11:41 AM, Carlo Ascani wrote:
> I have an express card with 2 firewire ports, i'm using the new stack.

Hello Carlo,

You're using the old stack:

   old 1394 stack present.... True
   old 1394 stack loaded..... True
   old 1394 stack active..... True
   new 1394 stack present.... True
   new 1394 stack loaded..... False
   new 1394 stack active..... False
   /dev/raw1394 node present. True
   /dev/raw1394 permissions.. True

And the reason why no one replied on the FFADO mailinglist is because it
should work. The only weird thing I see is that there is a samplerate
mismatch apparently. But FFADO should set it according the JACK
settings. Or do you have to adjust the samplerate on the ESI manually?
And did you try different FireWire cables?
You don't need a real-time kernel I think since your FireWire controller
sits on its own IRQ. You could try though, I can recommend the one from
Tango Studio: http://tangostudio.tuxfamily.org/en/apt-repository

Best,

Jeremy