Re: [LAU] NDK drums, gigafile or SFZ?

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 01 2011 - 02:11:06 EET

rosea.grammostola wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a gigafile or SFZ file for the Natural Drum Kit available?
>

> Thanks.
>
> \r

According to the website, I assume it comes as WAVs and you'd have to
map it yourself:
(http://www.naturaldrum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=60)

"We recommend using NDK in conjunction with Native Instruments' Kontakt
2 or Steinberg's HALion 3 soft-sampler."

It's always possible that someone, somewhere has already mapped it, if
you look around.

I was never terribly impressed by the sound of NDK, if the free version
was anything to go by. But it served me a while until I got NI's Battery
Studio Drums which, sadly, is no longer available. I seem to recall that
the Studio Drums were considerably cheaper than $129, but at 20 GB you
do seem to get a lot for your money if you like the sound.