Re: [LAU] New Synths for LV2

From: Jeremy <jeremybubs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 02 2011 - 23:13:14 EET

>Cool stuff! Guess I need the Debian/1-1 download if I want to package them
for Ubuntu?

Actually, just download the master branch, and run dpkg-buildpackage to get
an Ubuntu package. The Debian/1-1 tag was just something I created when
experimenting with debian packaging tools.

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On 01/02/2011 02:39 PM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>
>> It's the only synth out of the three I can't get any sound from. Tried
>> Qtractor and Ardour 3.
>>

> Same here, tested with Zynjacku.

Try the latest revision. I can't get any sound from it either actually (no
MIDI keyboard), but the original author said he could. (I'm not sure if he's
saying so before he fixed the bugs he sent me, or after).

From what I can tell, the default parameters for the so-666 aren't supposed
to make any sound. You're supposed to start with the feedback low, hold
down some notes, and then slowly turn the feedback up until it starts
droning.

The others work fine for me with the default parameters and a virtual
keyboard.

Jeremy