Re: [LAU] [Linuxsampler-devel] Fwd: Re: Natural Drum Kit

From: Oliver Jaun <olijaun@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 03 2011 - 15:49:43 EET

Hi Just an information: I have written a small "tool" which creates giga-files for some of the instruments included in the NDK. Each instrument is an own giga-file. Currently it does not use any mod-wheel stuff... (hi-hat openness... etc.). For the velocity dimensions I use libsndfile which measures the peak of each sample-file (as proposed here on the list) and then the tool defines the dimensions based on this measurement. Its a C++ application and I've written it for myself...no warranty... ;-) If anyone should be interested then you can drop me a line and I'll send you the code. Regards Oliver ________________________________ From: rosea.grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> To: Linuxsampler-devel@email-addr-hidden Cc: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden> Sent: Sat, January 1, 2011 8:17:16 PM Subject: [Linuxsampler-devel] Fwd: Re: Natural Drum Kit Hi, Let's forward this question to the people who really knows what they are doing... We like to make a NDK (drums) file for Linuxsampler. Should we go for GIG or SFZ? See also message below. \r lördag 01 januari 2011 17.31.47 skrev du: ... > You do some interesting and useful work! But wouldn't SFZ be a better > and more flexible option for this project? > > Today I tried to convert some Kontakt presets with Extreme Sound > Converter via Wine. Seems to work, but also a lot work till you have > drumkit... <snip> Perhaps I should sit back a little and think about SFZ. I see some people says that the Gig format is (almost) dead, but I don't agree: samples can still be purcased anywhere and the format is very powerful. Do the CVS version of Linux sampler work without problems with SFZ and is it possible tom make SFZ files without burning the brain? If that's the case, then I will consider use SFZ, but I have to make the samples now and the GIG format seem to be the only (?) stable alternative. Perhaps it might be better to convert from GIG to SFZ later? One thing is for sure: The time it takes to make this stuff is worth it. Jostein ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Learn how Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) One Node allows customers to consolidate database storage, standardize their database environment, and, should the need arise, upgrade to a full multi-node Oracle RAC database without downtime or disruption http://p.sf.net/sfu/oracle-sfdevnl _______________________________________________ Linuxsampler-devel mailing list Linuxsampler-devel@email-addr-hidden https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/linuxsampler-devel

_______________________________________________
Linux-audio-user mailing list
Linux-audio-user@email-addr-hidden
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/listinfo/linux-audio-user
Received on Mon Jan 3 16:15:02 2011

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Mon Jan 03 2011 - 16:15:02 EET