[LAU] DIY 2string bass

From: Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2011 - 01:24:11 EET

Hey,
this has been so fun for me I figured it could be for some of you
also... Today in 2-3 hours I've built a 2 string fretless bass following
more or less this instructable:

http://www.instructables.com/id/2-String-Paddle-Bass/

short demo (sorry for unfriendly site... don't know where else to put
it):
http://www.mediafire.com/?rm3wjl3rakmj36h

It's incredible the sound it has considering it's a piezo stuck between
some scrap wood and weed-eater strings

The piezo is putten directly into the soundcard and it clips... I should
parallel it with a zener diode... BTW what is the max voltage before
clipping on soundcards? is it soundcard-dependant?

No offense to real basses meant... of course it's only a game... but I
suggest trying it!

cheers
renato