Re: [LAU] A Couple Organ Duets by a friend

From: Kevin Utter <kvutter@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 09 2011 - 07:35:05 EET

Hi all! Q, I'll answer a bit quickly in order not to take up too
much list space, but I'm happy to elaborate more via direct email
if you want. (Or on list if someone else is interested too!)

I use jOrgan for all the organs at present. The Theatre organ is
playing Gigasamples with LinuxSampler. The Classical organ uses
soundfonts with Fluidsynth directly from inside jOrgan. It works
through Jack just fine. If you continue to have trouble with
that, let me know. Better yet, the jOrgan list will get you all
the info you might ever want as well, and more!

In case you or anyone else is interested, I'm using Ecasound and
Nama for recording. LinuxSampler is playing through Jconvolver,
and Fluidsynth is using its own effects. I would like to have
used MIDISH to record sequences before doing audio recording, but
I couldn't bend my brain around how to integrate two different
organs, the sequencer, and the audio at that point!

Thanks all.

Kevin