Re: [LAU] interview with Dave Smith

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 16 2011 - 18:45:50 EET

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>   http://www.kvraudio.com/interviews/interview_with_dave_smith
>
> Not very deep, but enjoyable.
>
> "Avoid Kansas". Great advice. :)
>
> Best,
>
> dp

LOL, he has a lot of the same reasons I prefer to do music with
hardware than software. (I still use linux for music things of course,
but not soft synths or DAW's - ymmv). Tempest and his Roger Linn
partnership looks good, I'd consider it if I didn't already have a
jomox 999. Not my style of analogue via DCO's instead of VCO's, but
he's got the cheapest analogue poly on the market out of only like 3
total, and that certainly has a following. Worth the read, thanks.