Re: [LAU] Master keyboard

From: Guido Piazzi <guido@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 17 2011 - 23:53:35 EET

Il 17/01/2011 17:19, Jostein Chr. Andersen ha scritto:
> Sorry for writing here when you're already made up your mind, but I
> want to
> say a few words about Edirol PCR-800. I'm quite happy with it. It's connected
> via USB and do also have MIDI in/out. When using the USB interface, the PCR's
> MIDI in/out functions as a MIDI interface. It works sell with Linux.

BTW, I recently managed to make my Cakewalk A-800PRO work with Linux in
"advanced mode" USB, by modifying sound/usb/usbquirks.h. Not needed if
you switch advanced mode off from the panel menu.

It's the latest model after the PCR-800 (they're both by Roland, they
just pretend they can't remember their name). I think it's much better,
unless one needs a DJ-style crossfader on a keyboard.

I'm afraid their Win/Mac A-PRO Editor is the only way to modify some
keyboard settings (button/slider/knob/pad functions can be set from the
panel menu). Not a problem for me, but I'm investigating...

Guido