[LAU] JACK-native MIDI monitor?

From: Leigh Dyer <lsd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 19 2011 - 02:44:41 EET

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a MIDI monitor (a la KMidimon, or Qmidiroute, which
I usually use) that has native support for JACK MIDI? I recently
upgraded to a Saffire PRO 40 Firewire audio interface, and its MIDI
ports, which are exposed via JACK only, don't seem to be working
consistently, at least when used with ALSA apps via a2jmidid. I'm pretty
sure there's nothing wrong with a2jmidid, but it'd still be nice to take
it out of the equation for debugging purposes.

I did fine one app, called Midimon:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/midimon/

but I'm not sure if it's still maintained; it had some build issues (but
they were easy enough to fix).

Thanks
Leigh