Re: [LAU] [Music] Prog/synth/atmospheric/IDK: Vale Fanfare

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 22 2011 - 13:19:34 EET

Hi Julien

Apologies for the delay in replying, I got sucked into cleaning an
analogue string machine so that it now works more-or-less properly. Then
I had to re-arrange my synths to make room for it.

Anyway, many thanks for listening, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was aiming
for a bit of drama, so it seems like I've succeeded -- I just hope it
isn't so dramatic that it overshadows the two sections that it will be
bridging, but we'll see eventually.

Someone on the KVR forum described it as being a bit too grandiose and I
think he meant that as a negative. I took it as a complement anyway :-P :-)

I'm always of the opinion that little bits like winchimes, glockenspiel,
celested, sound effects and things like that add a lot to music when
used subtly. They just take a long time to get right, but it's worth it
in the end.

Thanks again for listening.