Re: [LAU] OSC - where to start?

From: michael noble <looplog@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 03:29:03 EET

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:54 AM, James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to start using OSC to see what can be done with it.
>
> What options are there for sending OSC messages?

If visual patching is your style then take a look at puredata, in particular
the osc objects in the mrpeach external. See
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHIJx-O3iU to get a general idea. Note, that
there are a couple of patches in the wild to control ardour over osc through
pd, including http://gwen.coffy.name/Puredata/Apostool/ and
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2010-02/076045.html. Finally,
the PD floss manual has a small section on using OSC.

The flexibility of pd will allow you to bind osc messages to keystokes,
mouse movements or essentially any number of data inputs or outputs.

-michael