Re: [LAU] OSC - where to start?

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 26 2011 - 18:51:41 EET

Quite a lot of different replies. But which would be the best place to
start for someone who doesn't know any of python, supercollider,
csound, chuck, algoscore, etc etc?

Why is OSC support not more widespread?

For instance, could/should there be an OSC tab in QjackCTL?

Should we not be able to create tracks in
muse/qtractor/seq24/rosegarden that output to OSC to provide all the
advantages OSC gives over MIDI?

Why isn't there an OSC-console style application, possibly curses
based, lightweight in size and dependencies, for simple sending of OSC
messages.

Installing supercollider pulled in emacs - according to the 'installed
size' that's 22mb + 93mb respectively - a little excessive for my use
case.

Harry, I probably should have tried your python suggestions first -
but not knowing any python has put me off - but at least python was
installed already on my system.

Thanks for replies.

James.

--