[LAU] [OT] guitar pickups: how to get separate signals for each string?

From: Shane Richards <shanerich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 31 2011 - 06:33:54 EET

Jorn Nettingsmeier escribio:

>hi *!
>
>a guitarist friend of mine is looking for ways to get six separate
>outputs from a guitar, one for each string. he has a godin multiac,
>which comes with a 13-pin connector meant for the roland gr series
>guitar synthesizers - i wonder what would be involved in using the
>signal directly? if you've tried this, or know someone who has, please
>holler!
Try talking directly to the manufacturer. Instrument/amp builders
are usually really open and easy to talk to.
http://www.godinguitars.com

failing that, I remember that Streetwater Sound Inc. were a dealer.
http://www,streetwater.com

>also, i'd be interested to learn of replacement pickups for other
>guitars in humbucker or single coil format that provide six signal outs...

Gibson might sell you one without the attached guitar if you get a
dealer to talk directly to them

However...
Rewiring a pickup yourself is a very enlightening and satisfying excercise.
Of course I was 19 or 20 and had the time, but it really was a fun project.

Connections/cable and needing six amps was a bit of a problem, though. :/

- shane