Re: [LAU] Klick with jack transport: strange issues

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2011 - 02:23:49 EET

Hi Mike,

On Sunday 30 January 2011 18:49:57 Mike Cookson wrote:
> Hi all. Sorry for bad english.
> I have two issues.
>
> 1. klick as slave. I start it with 'klick -j'. The thing is that it
> skips (doesn't play by sound) huge amount of beats, each after other
> (or "at a run" - not sure, what sounds more correct).

I'm afraid you're right, '-j' seems to be utterly broken...
As far as I can tell it used to work fine, but I haven't used it myself
for quite some time, and something seems to have changed in the
meantime. I'll try to fix it soon and let you know when I have a
solution.

> 2. Klick as master. It plays beats with correct speed, according to
> tempo map (imho, in interactive mode it also should work), but
> doesn't affect jack transport itself. Of course, i started klick
> before any other apps, able to be master (for some just disabled
> this feature).

What do you mean by 'it doesn't affect jack transport'? klick's job as
timebase master is to tell other clients what the current tempo and
position in the timeline is.
klick does not actually start transport rolling, and it doesn't by
itself change the position in the timeline. To do that, you can use for
example QjackCtl, or jack_transport on the command line.

Dominic