Re: [LAU] Sine Wave Generator

From: Gabriel M. Beddingfield <gabrbedd@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 01 2011 - 20:43:39 EET

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Andrew Bryant wrote:

> I have been looking for a simple audio sine-wave generator that interfaces
> with Jack.
>
> Minimum requirement is that it generates 1KHz tone, with level predictably
> controlled from digital peak down to, say -60dB.
>
> The nearest I've come to it yet is ecasound -i tone, driving a mixer. This
> doesn't, however, give the confidence I need in the output level.
>
> Any suggestions?

Any subtractive synth should be able to do this. AMS (ALSA
Modular Synth) is the first that comes to mind.
Others to look in to are Ingen (similar to AMS) and
ZynAddSubFX/Yoshimi.

Another option is to take midisine.c from the JACK example
clients, and modify it to respond to MIDI velocity or some
control parameter (CC).

-gabriel