Re: [LAU] dyn is noise : drone synth software

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 04 2011 - 15:20:34 EET

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 8:12 AM, jy <jypllx@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> hi
> i've looked on the archive of the list but i didn't find anything

the author told me yesterday that he has been working on it for
several years, but hasn't announced it much. he has played out with it
quite a bit - check the sound samples list on te website.

> i just stumbled upon this http://www.dinisnoise.org/...
> has anyone ever heard of it ? its a drone synth.

i wouldn't really call it a drone synth. what i would call it is
really cool. i built it yesterday and spent a little while playing
with it. it might be the first linux synth i've come across that might
meet eno's definition of an instrument as "something with properties
that the body can learn but the mind cannot".